Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Been A While

So while my spaghetti-covered toddler is turning the bathwater a lovely shade of pink, I figured I'd catch up on my blog.

Declan is 14 months old, and growing like a weed. I swear every day he is taller and thinner and more toddler-like than the day before. He says words now - "Mama" and "Dada," obviously, but also "wassat?" (what's that), "hi," "bye," and "hot." He has a billion teeth. Well, twelve. But it feels like a billion when he bites you.

He's a pickle. I swear. That boy. He's smart as a whip sometimes, but other times you'd think he was deaf. He has already perfected selective hearing. As in, he doesn't hear the word "no."

We've moved to a new house, about 6 blocks away from our old house. And six times nicer. I'm really happy with it and I have a huge list of DIY projects that I want to do. The old house was so not inspirational at all, but this place has potential. It has its flaws, but nothing that I can't live with.

Plus it has a laundry chute. That's my lifesaver. Our bedroom is tiny, and my clothes could easily overtake it if given the chance, but no! Down the laundry chute! Easy peasy cleanup.

If only I could figure out a good laundry system after the "Down the chute!" part. Wash, dry, then... how to get a big ol' load of laundry up the basement stairs *AND* carry Declan up? We'e been here a week and no clean clothes have left the basement yet. Ha.

Anyway, life is good. We had an amazing Christmas in Texas with my family, came home, moved, bought a car... things are really going well. Knock on wood. Aaron has been super nice, my friends and in-laws up here have been great, and work is going well. I have been pretty tired - haven't quite recovered from the travel-pack-move weekend that almost killed me. But I'm catching up.

2011 will be a great year. Aaron turns 27 tomorrow, I'll turn 22, Declan will turn 2, hopefully we will make our house pretty, maybe trade in the truck for a nice family SUV, get a kick-ass tax return, no fighting, no moving, no upheaval or stress... I can't wait.

No comments: