Friday, June 26, 2009

Expansion

As requested by Keely, here are the pregnancy pics I've taken so far.


^ That's at 18 weeks, when the bump was just starting to grow. 


^ That's at 20 weeks (aka a month ago) right after we moved to Austin. This was also about when people could start telling that I'm with child (hehe) without me telling them. 

^ And that's tonight, at 24 weeks. Just 1 month after the last picture, and now I'm huge!! 
(Also note the embarrassing difference in skin color between my belly and my arm / face. This is because I read that exposing your belly to direct sunlight can put the baby in distress, since he can see now and all. So I'm not pale because I'm lazy, I'm pale because I'm a good mom and I cover my belly. The end.)

Keely also reminded me that we need to organize our trip to JKR, Julie! I know some less-than-savory characters are out there, but I personally think it would be worth it just to go swim in the Blue Hole / do the Wet Willy / go for a hike one day without interacting all that much with the staff. 

Last night I dreamt that I was in the staff lounge. It was actually pretty similar to break I had one day with Keely and Will - remember when we played Deathcab and napped and read magazines one day and no one else came in? It must have been toward the end of camp, because Will was a counselor... Back in the days when we floated around in the pool getting our pre-beach tans and snuck in the kitchen for one more cookie.

Once in a while I get nostalgic for camp. I think about the intense peace that I felt when I laid on the asphalt outside the staff lounge, watching the stars and talking on the phone. I miss feeling tall grass against my legs and that healthy, glowing feeling that you get when your arms and legs are taut and tan from a summer spent entirely outdoors. Now I just feel pasty and lethargic. 

But more often than not I'm praising the Lord that I'm not out there. It's way, way hot. And as tan as I would be, I'd also be really grossly sweaty. Ew. Also, pregnancy has made me the most impatient person ever. I can entertain children for about 5 minutes before I just give in to apathy and send them off to play by themselves.

Okay, I'm done. I'm rambling because Aaron's asleep and I'm wide awake and I wish I could tell him these things but he wouldn't understand, and besides, he's snoring like a cross between an asthmatic hog and a chainsaw running out of gas. 

Goodnight.

No comments: