Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week Six

For some reason, six weeks seems like a milestone, but I'm not sure why... Maybe all those years of getting report cards every six weeks have something to do with it.

The big news this week is that Declan has had his first two bottles of pumped breastmilk. He sucked them down like a champ! Aaron and I both tried it. Yuck. I expected it to be sweet like soy milk, but it just has a weird aftertaste.

Declan has officially outgrown his 0-3 month size clothes. He didn't even get to wear all of them! Oh well, on to 3-6 month.

Last night was a small miracle - we got up at midnight for a diaper change, went back to bed, nursed, and slept until about 5:30! The only downside is that the diaper apparently cannot handle five hours worth of pee - we'll have to look into getting some absorbent inserts. I was glad that I had decided to be a lazy bum and not put the sheets back on the bed after washing them yesterday.

I think Declan is having a growth spurt. He usually has an awake-and-happy period in the late morning, but today he just ate and slept, then ate and slept some more. But his naps have been good, long stretches, so I'm grateful.

Not much else to report... It's cold. It's December. Christmas is coming!

No pictures this week, as I haven't had time to locate the camera charger. But I promise I'll take some before next week.

No comments: