Monday, October 31, 2011

...And Again!

I really did think I would start posting updates again after that last post, but here I am catching up again.

Asher is now 2 weeks and 5 days old. On Wednesday we go back to the hospital for a hearing test (since he kept failing it when we were there) and then to the doctor for his (belated) two-week checkup. And we go back to the doctor on Thursday for Declan's (belated) two-year checkup. Yes, everything I do these days is belated. Deal with it.

We are doing well. Asher sleeps awesome at night, not so awesome during the day - although it's getting better. For a week or so there, I thought he might be developing colic. He would cry and cry in the evening, for no good reason. I tried gas drops, gripe water, cluster feeding... He just cried. But for a few days now, he's been calmer. I don't know if he just needed to adjust to the outside world, or was having a growth spurt, or what. Hopefully the calmness sticks around.

I can tell he's growing - his cheeks are bigger. :) His clothes don't seem to fit differently yet, unfortunately. I say that because I am anxious for him to fit into 0-3 month clothes. We have about 3 times as many of that size than we do of NB size! I never thought I'd have a baby who needed NB clothes, especially not for 3+ weeks. I really hope he's in 0-3 by the time we go to Austin, so that he can wear all of his cute clothes instead of his NB hand-me-downs. Okay, selfish/petty vent over!

Declan is really acting up these days. I don't know if he's just being two, or if it's because of Asher, but he *never* listens anymore. If he doesn't get his way, it's a total meltdown. I'm just not used to him directly disobeying us. I feel like I broken record that plays "Declan, NO!" and "Don't touch the baby!" on repeat.

Sigh. This too shall pass, right?

I suppose it's time to start thinking about what Dec and I will have for dinner. I hate to get up when Asher is napping so peacefully in the crook of my arm... it's like jinxing myself.

No comments: