Week 38 of pregnancy: September 28-October 5, 2011
Symptoms: Fatigue that has less to do with being pregnant and more to do with working my ass off. Also moodiness that could attributed to said fatigue. A few Braxton-Hicks contractions and a few episodes of uncomfortable cervical pressure.
I know that week 38 isn't over until tomorrow, but I want to write an update today since I already have so much to say, and will surely have more to say after tomorrow morning's doctor's appointment.
First off, we're moved! Last Friday (Sept. 30) we packed everything up and moved into our new house. We love it to pieces. although i thought it was smaller than the old house, I now think I was wrong. Our stuff fits so much better - I feel like I can spread out and organize, unpack and know where everything is, NEST. Bottles are in the cabinet, baby blankets on the closet shelf, tiny onesies in the drawer, swing sitting empty in the living room, waiting for a baby to fill it.
We still have to buy and set up the crib, along with a lot of the "essentials" like pacifiers, diapers, bottle liners, etc. I am anxious to buy these things, even though I don't feel like I'll be going into labor any time soon (but more on that later). It's that dang nesting instinct. I wish guys got it, too, but Aaron seems immune. He has no urge to buy these things before we need them.
Anyway, this weekend was one for the record books. Friday we moved, Saturday I worked 6-2, then left at 4 for Courtney's wedding. Got home around 10:15, went bed around 10:45. Woke up at 1:15, went to work 2 am to 2 pm. Yep, that's right, a 12-hour shift on 2.5 hours of sleep. Nine months pregnant. Then when I got off and all I wanted was to collapse into bed, Aaron was all excited that he had turned over the keys to the old house, and wanted to go on a date night to celebrate. Gah!
But I am recovered now. And if that didn't put me into labor, I don't know what will!
On to the medical update. My 37 weeks appointment was... interesting. at the last minute, Lindsey asked if she could go with me, because I was getting an ultrasound done and she wanted to see it. Then Aaron and Declan decided to join, too. So the exam room was super crowded. The doctor did the ultrasound and was worried that she wasn't seeing enough amniotic fluid around the baby. So she sent me down for a hospital ultrasound (after checking my cervix - completely closed, of course).
At the hospital ultrasound, they told me my fluid level was a seven. Five or below is considered "dangerously low." So I'm assuming we'll re-check it tomorrow to make sure that it hasn't gone down more. I don't know what they will do if it IS five or below - try and pump me full of IV fluids? Induce? Emergency c-section? (Surely not.)
I have a feeling my fluid will be lower. I just don't know whether that means we might have a baby in the next few days. I'd like to be ready, just in case, but then I'll feel silly if we install the carseat and buy the crib and everything, then he doesn't come for two more weeks (or more).
Speaking of two more weeks, my mom is coming in just 11 days! I am so excited.
I will update more after my appointment tomorrow.