Sunday, October 23, 2011

Catching Up

As you probably knew or assumed, baby Asher is here!

He was born on October 12, 2011, at 7:51 pm by emergency c-section. He weighed 6 lbs, 15 oz and was 19 inches long. He is a beautiful baby with tons of black hair and dark gray eyes.

My mom came into town the Saturday after he was born, and just now boarded her flight back to Austin. :( It was awesome to have her here for the first week of Asher's life, and Declan's first week of being a big brother.

Speaking of the big boy, he's doing great. I swear he seems older and bigger and smarter every morning when he wakes up. He says so many words now, understands so much, and is becoming more and more independent in his play. Yesterday, Mom and I took him to the pumpkin patch, and he rode the cow train ride all by himself - and loved it. Yeah, I cried. He seemed so big as he giggled and waved at us! Just a year ago I was riding with him, no idea that a year later we'd be there with his little brother snuggled in the Moby wrap, and Declan riding all by himself.

Asher is perfect and wonderful. He is such a snuggly little peanut. He loves to nurse, hates diaper changes. He definitely lets you know when he wants the boob, but when he's content he is the most angelic thing. Each day he spends a little more time awake and alert, just looking around and taking things in. the is nothing like staring into a newborn's unfocused little eyes and cooing at them. I know that all too soon he'll be such a busy boy, following his brother around, he won't have time for long mama cuddles like this.

I will post his whole birth story another time, but I wanted to give an update before I forgot how these first few days were. And now we set off on a whole new adventure: parenting these two little boys without my mom here! I am definitely scared, but I feel up to the challenge. At least I know that time will fly, because we will never be bored!

No comments: