Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week Two

Declan has started to reveal his personality, little by little. Just tiny signs here and there that he is going to be silly, curious, impatient, cuddly, not a morning person, an early talker. All of this, interpreted from the fleeting grins and insistent grunts of a two-week-old.

Aaron finally found a job - cooking again. This time he's working in a corporate cafeteria, 6 am to 2 pm, Monday through Friday. It's a good job. Let's just hope he can keep it.

Declan and I are adjusting to "real life." Life without mothers or mother in laws around to clean the kitchen or make us soup. It's tough! And by "it's tough," I mean, I haven't cleaned the kitchen or made real food. We're working up to that. First, Declan has to stop nursing every twenty minutes.

Today, in honor of his bellybutton healing, I gave Declan his first real, non-sponge bath. He liked it a little bit better, but still was not a fan. And I discovered a painful-looking ring of blistery rash around his right thigh - that's what happens when you diaper-change in dim lighting, you miss things like angry red rashes. So now I feel terrible, and I'm letting him nurse as much as he wants while I slather his little leg with expensive organic creams that we got as samples from Wheatsville. Luckily, he doesn't seem too bothered by it.

Pictures from week two:

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I really really cannot wait to hold him! he is just tooooo cute!