Monday, March 1, 2010

Cooped Up

Our first week of Aaronlessness has been... uneventful.

He's keeping busy in Iowa (where it is 12 degrees right now - I'm not allowed to tell him how warm it is here!) building a brooder for the chicks to live in.

Declan and I are just hanging out at home. I'm learning to cook, after being cooked for my whole life by Mom, then Grinnell College, then Aaron. I'm not bad at it, I just need to learn some of the technical things. Like "don't stir rice while it's cooking." And "freezer burn is a real thing and it's not tasty."

Tonight my dad and I are going to Golden Corral because they sent him a coupon for a free buffet since it's his birthday on Thursday. Mine will be like, nine bucks, but that means we'll be eating for $4.50 a person. We spent a good chunk of time last night thinking of other dinners that are about $4.50 - Sonic double cheeseburger and fries, large Thundercloud sub, box of Chik-Fil-A chicken strips - we're definitely eating like kings for the price we're paying. So I'm pumped.

I'm also probably pumped because it will be the first time I've left the house since yesterday afternoon (okay, not the house house but the condo complex, all of which I consider mine). Sometimes I feel like I'm getting cabin fever. I can't wait for it to warm up so that I can spend hours by the pool, which is by far the best part of the condos. My bed with the down comforter comes second, and then it's a tie between Sue's and Grandma's couches for third.

I'm worried about all of the earthquakes. Haiti, Japan, Chile... Texas? We're on a big fault line, ya know.

No comments: