Monday, April 5, 2010

Close Call


Yesterday my computer crashed, and I really thought that it was dead for good. It was giving me "no" symbols, and flashing file folders with question marks in them. It all started when I went to edit some photos I had taken on Picnik - I edited one just fine, but then when I went to upload the next one, the browser kept crashing. And when I tried to open it in another program, the whole computer froze up and turned off.

Luckily, a good man at the Genius Bar started it right up with no problems this afternoon.

But here's what I've discovered. Somehow, 22 of the pictures that I loaded onto my computer yesterday are poisonous. When I click on them, any program that I'm trying to use quits. Which is totally weird, because how many hundreds of photos have I taken from my camera onto my computer with no problems? And for some reason, these 22 are crazy. It's not even all of the photos from that batch, it's just numbers 62 through 84. Number 61 and number 85 work just fine.

So, sorry about the lack of pictures, but I have a cute one to tide you over!

No comments: