Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weeks Seventeen & Eighteen

Week seventeen of pregnancy: May 4 - 11, 2011
Week eighteen of pregnancy: May 11-18, 2011

Symptoms: Tired.

It's been a pretty good two weeks. We're in a good nap routine after work, although it does eat up most of the afternoon. But that's been okay, because it's been col and/or rainy all month so far. I am ready for some hot weather and sunshine! To buy a baby pool and slather on sunscreen, to buy veggies at the farmer's market and to wear comfy shorts and sundresses!

By this point in my pregnancy with Declan, we knew he was a boy - I am beyond ready to find out what we're expecting this time around! I was so much less anxious about it the first time. The pregnancy hardly even seemed real then, we certainly weren't ready to start buying baby gear. It also didn't make so much of a difference the first time around, I don't think. We had nothing, we'd have to buy it anyway, pink or blue.

Baby bean is kicking up a storm in there, mostly in the evening. When I'm relaxing on the couch, I'll feel a flurry of kicks and rolls, but when I put my hand down there to see if they can be felt from the outside, baby stops. What a stinker! I mostly feel the movement very low, although I can feel the top of my uterus right around my belly button. Baby certainly has a lot of room to swim around in there!

My bellybutton is starting to change shape again, which I love. I know some people are self-conscious about their bellybuttons popping out, but I'm borderline obsessed. Bellybutton skin is so weird and soft and squishy! Mine's not sicking out yet, but it's getting shallower and tighter. It never went completely back to normal after Declan, though.

Can't wait for the 19 week update, because that means I'll only have one week left until the ultrasound!

No comments: