Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week Thirty-Four

Week 34 of pregnancy: August 31 - September 7, 2011

Symptoms: Same old, same old. Heartburn. Tired. I think I may have some new stretch marks, but I was already so covered in them that it's hard to tell. Oh, and I'm cranky.

This week's big news around here is the change in weather! We went from bearably hot (mid-90s) to positively fall-like (low-70s) with just one cool front last weekend. the air conditioner has been off since then, with all the windows open and ceiling fans going - it's so nice to get some fresh air in the house.

I wish that it made me want to clean and get the house ready... But it doesn't. I wish it made me want to get outside and take Declan to the park more... But I'm just too darn tired. Or maybe lazy. We have gone a couple of times, and we were outside most of the day on Labor Day, when Lindsey and her kids came over and we grilled brats and hot dogs.

I've been more stressed out this week. I don't know if it's because my due date is looming and we still have a lot to do, or if it's just hormones, or maybe our financial situation... Actually I think it's all three. We paid a bunch of extra bills this month, and as a result we are having to scrimp and save until my next paycheck (tomorrow, thank God.) I added up the cost of all the baby stuff we have left to buy, and it's about $250. Plus diapers. So like $275. Plus Declan's Halloween costume. So $300. And just like that, almost half of my paycheck is gone.

And we can't put the kids on state health insurance because we make too much? Ha.

So as a result of the hormones / stress, I've been a total grouch with my poor husband. I swear, he just looks at me wrong and I give him the silent treatment. It seems like every day I find something new to be mad about. Today we were watching A Baby Story and I said, "I'm so ready to have this baby." And Aaron said, "Yeah, you've been kinda cranky." My immediate instinct was to get mad, but how could I when he was just telling the truth? I just laughed it off and said, "Only six more weeks, honey."

No comments: