Friday, January 27, 2012

January Update

I've been really bad about writing here lately. I think it's because the only time that I'm sitting down with the computer is when I'm feeding Asher, and then I only have one hand. Right now, he's napping in his swing, and Declan is busy pulling all of his books off the shelf.

Life has settled into a manageable routine. Declan goes to daycare Wednesday and Thursday mornings, so that Aaron can nap and clean and spend time alone with Asher. Declan has so much fun there, it's totally worth it. And we're only paying like $15/day. Gotta love small town prices.

Asher is a wonderful baby these days. He's 3.5 months old now, and all smiles. His schedule is something like this: 4 am I wake up, eat, back to bed. 8 am, wake up, smile. Eat. Smile. Nap. 12 pm, repeat. 3 pm, repeat. 7 pm, bath. Eat. Get swaddled. Smile so big that Mama doesn't want to put him to bed! But, bedtime goes much smoother when I put him down happy than if I wait until he's overtired and crying. So he's usually in bed by 8:30 or 9.

He's getting big, too! Although nowhere near as big as his brother was at his age. Asher is still in 0-3 month clothes. I'm pretty sure Declan was not much older than this when he switched to 6-9 month clothes. But Asher has the most precious chubby cheeks! And I love that he's small. We've gotten so much more use out of our baby clothes.

The best news of this week is that I got the official go-ahead from my boss to enroll in school in the fall. I actually applied this morning! Once I get accepted, I'll have to talk to someone there about how much work I can do online, and what I can get credit for from Grinnell or AP tests. They do four terms per year, so one year from now, I'll be starting my third term, and already be halfway to being an LPN!

All this morning I've been planning out my hypothetical school/work schedule. I know it's going to be hard. I'm not going to have any days completely "off," it will always be work or school. But it will be worth it! I can't wait to be a nurse. I'm so excited, I've actually been reading the Medical Encyclopedia every day at work. What a nerd.

Anyway, I've got some posts planned to try and document things I know I'll forget about Declan being little. Have to go because he's spitting water onto the TV stand.

No comments: