Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Our Songs

Ashley posted on FB the song that was #1 on the charts the week that she was born. I thought it would be interesting to document the songs that were #1 for my family and look back on them later (and laugh, I'm sure.)

Aaron - Say Say Say by Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson

Natalie - Toy Soldiers by Martika

Declan - Down by Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne

Asher - Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera (If he had been born a week later, it would have been Someone Like You by Adele.)

It's so funny to think that someday the boys' songs will be "oldies" and sound just as dated as Aaron's and mine do now. Declan's song is already not heard on the radio anymore.

Thanks Ashley for the idea!

PS, I just happened to look it up - Katherine's song is Stay by Lisa Loeb. I couldn't think of the song at first, but I found it on Youtube and had big 90s flashbacks. Wanted to put it here so that I can have those flashbacks in another 10, 20, 30 years, too!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Ugh talk about dated- My song is TERRIBLE! But at least I can take some comfort in the fact that Aaron is not far behind me :) Haha love you guys!