Friday, September 17, 2010

The Presence of Presents

Today we're going birthday present shopping for Declan. Yes, we know it's a month away. However, with our crazy schedules, we're not sure if we'll have another full day to make the trip to Toys R Us and back.

So our only definite buy (in my head, anyway) is a little picnic table. I remember loving mine. Other ideas include a play kitchen, play food, shopping cart, puzzles, books, a toy laptop, and musical instruments. We'll see.

On one hand, I can't wait for his birthday. I can't wait to make a cake, see his face when he opens presents, and celebrate with friends and family. On the other hand, I am really struggling with the idea of not having a BABY anymore.

I am already feeling like I have a little kid. Yesterday he fell down on the sidewalk and scraped his nose. Babies don't scrape their noses. Toddlers scrape their noses. Anyway, he looks silly.

No comments: