Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Scrub-a-dub, Sirens and SLEEP!

Tonight in the bath, Declan put soap on his hands, lathered it up, and rubbed it all over his body while cracking up. It's the first time I've seen him do that! One more step on the road to independence.

In other news, the tornado sirens went off tonight, as a thunderstorm was passing over us. I was just getting ready to pack up some snacks, sippy cups, and toys, and head for the basement, when the sirens stopped. The radar seemed to show that the worst had already passed over us.

And the best news of all, Declan and I both got a ridiculously wonderful, extra-long afternoon nap today. Now I know the secret - don't lay on the couch, lay in BED. It's darker, and there are fewer toys to be distracted by. And there's much more room on the bed for a squirmy toddler to lay down and chill. We slept from about 4 to 6:30. Yessss. It's the only reason I'm conscious enough right now to write this.

And with that, I think I'll crawl back between the sheets.

No comments: