Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Missing Austin

It's clody, cool and rainy today, as it has been for 3/4 of the last 3 months. There have been exactly TWO days that it has been warm and sunny enough to go to the pool. And we're halfway through June.

Ridiculous.

So, needless to say, I'm feeling pretty homesick for Texas, where we start swimming in April and don't have to quit 'til October. I can't wait to visit for Thanksgiving. Although it will be too cool to swim, at least we'll be able to hang out comfortably outside, while up here in the Great White North, it will probably be snowing. Ha.

Here is a list of things I would like to do while in Austin:

- Take the boys to the zoo
- Walk the hike & bike trail
- Ride the train at Zilker Park
- Eat a Thundercloud sub
- Spend some quality time in my favorite recliner at Mom's house
- Play with Declan at a playground that actually has other kids
- Eat real Mexican food
- Play Apples to Apples with my family
- Stuff myself silly at Thanksgiving
- Buy Declan & Baby Brother TEXAS shirts
- Take lots of pictures
- Somehow figure out a way to bottle heat and sunshine, and bring it back to this miserably gray state.

No comments: