Thursday, February 17, 2011

Week Five

Pregnancy Week Five: February 9-16, 2011

Symptoms: Nausea, hunger, fatigue, headaches, cramping, dizziness, sore boobs

Thankfully, week five went by much faster than week four. I kept myself busy working, cleaning the house, and not obsessing about the new baby. I have finally chilled out - I'm not checking the toilet paper every time I pee, or running to the bathroom every time I have a cramp to check for blood. Every day that goes by makes me more confident that this little bean is thriving, especially when each day brings a new bout of symptoms.

The nausea wasn't terrible this week, but when it did hit, it hit hard. Mostly when I overate (which doesn't take much these days... my eyes are much bigger than my stomach) or if I smelled or saw something really foul. For example, I clicked a link on a blog that I read and made the mistake of watching the video it led me to - the popping of a giant pimple. I won't give the gory details, but it definitely had me running for the toilet.

My boobs aren't sore all the time, but once in a while they feel really achy, and they're definitely fuller. If I didn't know better, I'd say it feels like my milk was coming back in. It doesn't help that Declan loves sticking his hand down my shirt... and by love, I mean it's the only way he can fall asleep. That will have to stop before long.

I think the main difference between week four and week five is the belly - I mean, the bloat. Today, the scrub pants that have always been loose to the point of falling down were cutting into me uncomfortably. I swear I'm as big now as I was at 20 weeks with Declan. I asked a coworker of mine who had three boys all very close in age, and she said with the 2nd and 3rd, she started showing as SOON as she got pregnant. I think I'm in the same boat!

I can't wait until we catch up on bills a little bit so that I can invest in some cute maternity clothes. Hard to believe that I need them already!

No comments: