Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Prolific

This bed rest thing sure is making me write on my blog more. (On that note, I know a certain someone who is long overdue for some ramblings of her own... *cough* JULIE *cough*)

Today, I got really sick of being cooped up in the house, so I asked Aaron if I could go to the gym with him. Mind you, I haven't wanted to go the gym in MONTHS. Bed rest will make you do crazy things. I feel like my muscles are going to atrophy or something.

Anyway, I don't know what I thought I was going to *do* at the gym, since I can't do any cardio and didn't bring my swimsuit. But my plan-less-ness didn't end up mattering, because just blocks away from the gym, Aaron turns the radio down and says, "I'm not in the mood for the gym right now. Can we do something else?"

So of course my mind turns to baby shopping (annnd that's why we're broke, in a nutshell) and we head south, to the land of Target and Savers and Babies R Us. But we keep seeing restaurants along the way, which lead to whines of "I'm hungry. Will you buy me lunch?" coming from the driver's seat.

(If this story is reminding you of "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie," well, that's kind of how my morning was. Aaron being the proverbial mouse.)

But of course I didn't bring my wallet, because I thought we were just going to the gym and back. So it's either head back home to eat or... go to my parents house! Their fridge is always stocked and they have a comfy new couch. Away we go.

A series of events involving Daisy puking, me finding A Baby Story on TLC and Aaron having a sudden urge to go home and watch G-Force on my laptop culminate in me spending the day with Katherine at my parents house, alternately snacking and napping.

And that, my friends, is as exciting as it gets for me. I promise I'll wait until something actually happens to post next time!


No comments: