Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Golden

Today is warm and sunny! And I'm wearing a new shirt! And I'm done with my psychology exam!

I've decided that rather than stress about my religion paper due tomorrow, I'm going to get a large root beer, spread out a blanket on the grass, and bask in the warmth of spring (finally!) until sunset. 

There are enough hormones coursing through my body right now to make a 500 pound male gorilla grow ovaries, I swear. But as much as I HATE the vicious mood swings that come with pregnancy, they make the good moods seem so much better. 

I could be holed up in my room, sweatpants on, bitching about how I can't have caffeine to help me stay awake to write this paper. But this basking plan sounds so much more fun. Plus, I won't be able to wear regular jeans much longer, so I might as well take advantage of the time I have left with them.

I think it's the sun that giving me this sense of calm and satisfaction. A good mood is my body's way of thanking me for finally allowing it to absorb some vitamin D. The Longest Winter Ever is finally over!

No comments: