Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's a

BOY!

I know anyone reading this blog already knows that, but I'm exclaiming it everywhere I can, so you'll just have to bear with me. 

Aaron is beyond thrilled, can't stop smiling and calling his friends and relatives. I'm really, really happy. I think it will be good to have a boy first. Any subsequent kids will have a big brother, and everyone is telling me that big brothers are a good thing to have. I wouldn't know, but they seem kinda useful, I guess. 

Our ultrasound was mostly done by a medical student who was really nice but pretty clueless, so it took forever and a day. She measured his femurs and cerebellum and head circumference and all of these other great things, but then she couldn't find my ovaries, and started freaking out. 

Um, I'm pretty sure I have ovaries, yes. Actually, given my apparent fertility, you might be looking for some HUGE ovaries, or, like, four ovaries, or something. 

Anyway, the real sonographer came in and found everything right away, and showed us his boy parts, and made us a CD of pictures. HE'S SO CUTE. Like, really. He's a fetus, so he should be kinda weird looking, but his little profile looks adorable!! Here, I'll post a pic. 

No comments: