Monday, July 27, 2009

Around the World in 80 Days

80 days until my due date!

Hopefully they fly by as quickly as the last 80 have.

Exactly 80 days ago, it was May 8th, and I was getting ready for finals, trying to figure out how to get to Texas, waiting anxiously for my ultrasound, and enjoying the Iowa springtime. I spent a lot of time on my green fleece blanket out in the yard, playing Scrabble on my iPod. I was also spending a lot of time trying to spend my dining dollars at the Grille. And now I'm living off of PB&J sandwiches and questionable leftovers.

Sidenote, Declan's kicking and squirming has become semi-painful. But I figured out that when I sing, he calms down. Hopefully this trick will still work outside of the womb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you for a fact that if you sing a song now and when he comes out....and sing it regularly...it will calm him down for years to come. It worked with both my girls......so sing.... Aunt Sue