Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week Thirty-One

Week 31 of pregnancy: August 10-17, 2011

Symptoms: Ouuuuuuuchhh.

Well, this week has been exceptionally painful.

I thought when I left the hospital that I was in the clear - that Asher must have turned in such a way the made it very painful for a while, but he had moved, and now we were fine.

I was wrong.

He must have gotten back in the painful position yesterday, because I was, once again, in tears last night. I tried laying down in bed, but that hurt more than anything. So I tried to recreate the hospital bed position by sleeping in the recliner. This worked pretty well - I can imagine many more nights of recliner sleeping in the next 9 weeks. Helped the heartburn, too.

I seriously *hate* calling in to work, because I know how bitchy my coworkers are when someone calls in, especially if they've done it more than once recently. So I sucked it up and walked the most painful 1.5 miles of my life to work this morning. Made it to about 9 am before I just couldn't stand it anymore and had to come home.

This time, the pain is more evenly spread across my whole lower belly, and it feels like every muscle fiber is just being torn apart. Which may well be exactly what is happening. I have no idea how to fix it. And sometimes when he moves a certain way, pressing some baby body part into my hip bone, it's all I can do not to scream.

I really, really, really hope that this doesn't continue for the next 9 weeks.

No comments: