Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Week Thirty

Week 30 of pregnancy: August 3 - 10, 2011

Symptoms: No changes from last week. Lots of heartburn, lots of baby movement, which can be uncomfortable at times.

A pretty calm week around here. We did a big batch of baby clothes shopping on Saturday because it was tax free weekend - both boys made out pretty well at Carter's and The Children's Place, for not that much money. I think we're pretty set for clothes for Asher, although I'm sure we'll pick up a few things here and there after he's born to "fill in the gaps" so to speak.

I can't believe I'm in week thirty already. Only 70 days until my due date! People keep asking me if I think he'll be early or late, and I can't decide. On one hand, I hear that second babies generally come earlier. And with me working so hard, I feel like I'll progress quicker and / or put myself into labor. On the other hand, I walked around at 3 cm dilated for weeks with Declan, and never felt a single contraction until they started the pitocin.

All I ask is that he doesn't come *exactly* on his due date, AKA Declan's second birthday.

I am pumped to be 3o weeks. I'm still feeling great, not whiny at all, just excited. Let's do this. The last 10 weeks of pregnancy are tough. But you get the best prize ever at the end.

Okay, gotta change a stinky diaper. I can't wait for potty training.

No comments: