Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hello, October

This is it. This is the month that I 100% for sure, no doubt will have a baby.

Lots has happened and I haven't felt like blogging about it, but I'll summarize: Aaron got fired from his job on the same day that Aunt Sue was diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily, both situations are being resolved quickly.

Aaron is now enrolled in a training academy to become a certified personal trainer. I've never seen him happier. We'll be completely broke for the next few months, but I think it will be worth it in the long run for our family.

And Sue had her lumpectomy on Monday - it was the size of a pea and the cancer hadn't spread to any lymph nodes. So she'll probably start radiation next week, just to be extra sure that no cancer escaped the little lump. Everyone is really optimistic and she's doing well.

Despite the stress that has come with these two major events, I'm still pregnant and doing just fine. Well, just fine if you don't count not sleeping, back pain, peeing every 15 minutes, and a rapidly expanding road map of stretch marks. I'm very, very ready for Declan to be a member of the outside world. Unfortunately, there's been no change in my cervix for weeks now. 1.5 cm dilated, 80% effaced.

But Sunday is a full moon, and we're supposed to be getting a thunderstorm... both are known to bring on labor... I've got my fingers crossed.

No comments: